CAMPGROUND RULES AND REGULATIONS
Ensuring the Safety and Enjoyment of All Campers
Thank you for choosing to stay at Sparrow Pond Family Campground. We are happy to have you as our guests. The following rules are intended to provide an enjoyable family camping experience for you and your neighbors. Violation of these rules could mean early departure without a refund. Regulations can be modified at any time.
Payment in full is due at the time of booking.
Our rate is for one family (2 adults and 2 children), one vehicle, and one camping unit per site. Additional fees apply for additional guests with a maximum of 8 per site.
- Reservations are subject to a cancellation fee.
- No refunds due to inclement weather, illness, work schedules, or other conflicts.
- “No Shows” and cancellations not canceled according to cancellation policy are subject to payment of the remaining balance due.
- Holidays-Cabins/Monthly/Hall/Pavilion must be canceled no less than 30 days prior to arrival date.
- Holidays – Camper Site must be canceled no less than 14 days prior to the arrival date.
- Non-Holidays – Camper Site & Cabins must be canceled no less than 7 days prior to arrival date.
Check-In & Check-Out
Check-in: 3:00 pm Check-out: 11:00 am
We offer early check-in and late check-out. Please call ahead for site availability and fees.
Please inform your guests that all visitors must stop and register at the office and park in the visitor’s parking lot. A visitor’s fee is charged for daily visitors, and an additional fee is charged for overnight visitors. Daily visitors must leave by 9:00 pm. Visitors are asked to please leave their pets at home.
- Children and teenagers are not to be left unsupervised; an adult should be on the campground at all times.
- Bicycles are to be ridden on camp roads only. Children under 12 must wear a helmet.
The speed limit is 5 mph. Watch for children.
- Display your parking pass whenever you are at the campground.
- No parking on camp roads or the grass.
- Extra cars are to be parked at the discretion of the management.
- We do not allow trailers, boats, etc., parked at campsites.
- Quiet Hours are 11:00 pm – 8:00 am.
- Riding bicycles is not permitted after dark.
- Anyone under 18 must be at their campsite by Quiet Hours.
- No sound from sites should be heard off-site.
Campground Pet Rules
Registered campers are welcome to bring their well-behaved furry friends. They must be registered at the office and have the required documentation.
- All pets must have current vaccination papers & proof of rabies to be presented upon check-in.
- Pets must be leashed at all times; the leash must not be longer than 6 ft. Do not leave pets tethered and unattended.
- Pets must be walked by a responsible person.
- Pets are not to be left unattended or in a camper all day. You are responsible for adequate ventilation and climate control for your pets.
- Pets must be well mannered – a barking dog is an annoying dog to other campers and will not be tolerated.
- Hostile and aggressive pets/owners will be asked to leave immediately.
- Pets must be cleaned up after and disposed of properly.
- Pets are not permitted to swim in the pond.
- Pets are not permitted at the pool, playground, restrooms, buildings, common areas, or pavilions.
Sparrow Pond Family Campground will not accept mail deliveries for non-seasonal campers. If you have to have packages or mail delivered while you are here, you will need to contact the post office or make different arrangements. We will not be responsible for any mail or packages delivered.
- Keep campfires small.
- Do not move any fire rings.
- All burning wood must be within the fire ring. Do not burn trash in fire rings.
- Cutting standing trees, dead or alive, is prohibited. Do not remove branches from standing trees. Firewood may be purchased at the camp store.
- No fire should be left unattended. Extinguish your fire before vacating the site.
Sink (Grey) Water
Under PA state law, grey water/wastewater must be disposed of in the dump station. It is illegal to release it on the ground.
- Use only the table and fire ring on your site.
- Do not walk through other campers’ sites.
- Put all garbage in a sealed bag and dispose of it at the nearest garbage collection site.
At Sparrow Pond, we promote environmental sustainability and kindly request that our guests refrain from activities that may have a negative impact on the natural beauty of our surroundings.
- Dishwashing or laundry is not to be done in the restrooms. Utility sinks are available for your use.
- No mats or carpets are permitted n grass areas.
- No vehicle washing is allowed.
- Please do not dig any holes or trenches.
Pool rules are enforced. Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Fishing is catch and release only and is for registered campers and their guests. No swimming or wading in the pond.
Clotheslines are not permitted at campsites.
Your safety and enjoyment during your stay are important to us. Please note that we do not permit the following at the campground:
- No unlicensed motor vehicles of any kind
- Dirt bikes
- Go Carts
- Mini Bikes
Personal Golf Carts
- We allow electric golf carts only with proof of insurance upon check-in.
- You must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license in your possession to operate your golf cart.
- All passengers must be fully seated at all times. Horseplay, racing, or other cart misuses will not be tolerated. Golf carts are to be operated on campground roadways only. No driving through campsites or other restricted areas.
- Golf carts operated after sunset must have lights on. Golf carts cannot be operated during quiet hours (11:00 pm – 8:00 am).
- Anyone who fails to observe these rules or whose conduct does not respect others will be evicted from the campgrounds without a refund.
- Sparrow Pond is a family-oriented campground. Any indecent and/or inappropriate behavior or activities deemed as such by the camp management will not be tolerated. Campers will be removed immediately without a refund and will not be permitted re-entry. Any illegal behavior will be reported to the State Police immediately.
- Sparrow Pond Family Campground (owners, management, and staff) are not responsible for damage, injury, or loss by accident, theft, or fire to either the property or person of a camper or their guest. Campers are responsible for all persons at their campsite.
- We reserve the right to refuse our facilities to any person or group.